8 Ways To Start Your Day Right
Getting up in the morning is one of the most challenging activites that one can experience, especially on Monday mornings. You are dreaming of something beautiful and then the dreaded alarm clock rings and you are faced with two things: click the snooze button or grumpily get out of bed. If you are experiencing the morning blues, you are not alone.
Having a bad morning can really affect your entire day including your mood, your outlook and the way you deal with people around you. We hope by following some of our suggestions and making it a habit, it will help you take charge of your morning and give you a great start to your day.
free email updates!
FREE PodJam.tv updates delivered right to your inbox
1. Get enough sleep – Six to eight hours of sleep a night will definitely help you feel reinvigorated and ready for the day. As we all get older, the more time we need to re-charge. We have learned to stand up from our computers or whatever we are doing and just go to bed so we can get much needed rest.
2. Prepare the night before - One tip we like to give our friends is to try and prepare the night before. Select the outfit you want to wear and put your stuff in your work bag so that you don’t start your day stressing out. Being prepared ahead of time really helps you get your day off to a good start.
3. Check your schedule for the following day – After dinner, check your schedule for the following day so you can prepare yourself mentally for the coming day’s challenges. This is especially helpful for days when you have early or back-to-back meetings. As a rule of thumb, you should plan to leave the house 10 minutes earlier than your usual time so you will arrive to work or the office stress-free and ready to go.
4. Eat breakfast - Eating breakfast helps energize you for the challenges ahead. Sometimes we get grumpy in the morning for the simple reason that we are just plain hungry. It doesn’t have to be an elaborate meal. Make sure you get enough whole grain and protein to tide you over before lunch, especially when you know you have many meetings scheduled in the morning.
5. Do an activity that wakes up your body and mind - Do something that will wake you up. Some people drink coffee the minute they wake up while others jog or go on a power walk. Sing in the shower, play some fun music while you fix your bed or when you are preparing breakfast. All these activities help to stimulate you and get your body and mind going in a positive direction.
6. Start with a grateful outlook - Sit down everyday and write down a least three things that you are thankful for. Sometimes with all the pressures in our busy lives, we tend to forget all the blessings we receive however small they are. Start the day with an attitude of gratitude!
7. Start with a positive outlook - Nothing will damage your day more than when you start it with negativity. Starting with a positive outlook is easier said than done, especially if there are many stressful events that are surrounding you. But it can be done. Read inspirational books, pray and find encouragement from your partner and family members. Remember to just smile.
8. Get yourself in the groove - Meditate and picture your day ahead. Think of ways you can make a difference during the upcoming day. Set a goal for the day and work to achieve it. It can be going through all your emails or cleaning the house without distractions. Having a goal and accomplishing your plan will keep you “in the groove.”
Those are 8 ways that help us start our day right. Did we miss anything? Maybe you have tips you can add on here. Share it with us, by leaving a comment. We would love to hear your thoughts.
Image Credits: Marty McPadden
About the authors:
Marty McPadden founder and host of PodJamTv is a professional photographer, videographer, blogger, apple geek and a Production Supervisor at ESPN one of the largest sports network in the world. His vast knowledge in the above mentioned field will allow you our readers to tap into tools, apps, reviews and tips that he has learned and mastered over the years. How to’s and hacks that will allow you to have a richer online experience.
Misty Belardo co host and co writer of PodJamTv is an experienced blogger, designer and a self proclaimed Twitter-holic and an avid Facebook user is a Senior Production Manager at Barefoot Proximity, one of the most awarded advertising agencies across the globe. Her experience with writing, designing, SEO and brand and advertising strategy will give readers a point of view of what happens behind the scenes in the digital sphere.
© 2012, PodJam.tv. All rights reserved.